Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving List for the Week of Thanksgiving 2010

This week my Thanksgiving list is centered on family. Things about my family I am thankful for:

1. That I HAVE a family.
2. That we truly like to get together and hang out.
3. That our kids are attempting to stay in touch one way or the other. (Distance and busy lives challenge this)









4. I love the variety of personalities and temperaments, life interests, unique gifts and abilities. They enhance the whole. (As per pictures above)
5. I love each of our kids' spouses and the way marriage has changed and deepened each of them.
6. Grandchildren!!!!!! Never thought much about them and thought people that were so into theirs were sort of silly. I apologize to all my friends for talking about what Sonya or Teddy did or said, but I won't stop!
7. The sense of humor within our family circle is fun and unique and makes me smile thinking about it. (Also as per pictures above:)
8. I love that we are sisters and brothers spiritually, that adds so much depth and substance to our relationships.
9. The knowledge that when  hard times hit any of us we have a strong support system "in house".  A safety net.
10. I love our family's flexibility and willingness to "roll with it" just so we can all still get together no matter what the actual date of a holiday is.

No comments:

Post a Comment