Friday, April 20, 2012

So, I've been thinking. Nothing like my youngest child, Jessi, turning thirty to cause me to ruminate a bit. (And is Josh really going to be thirty-five?!?!)


Fred and I have been together for 40 years next month, as we met and were thereafter inseparable the first week in May of 1972!


My daughter, Erin is presenting us with the first child by one of our daughters! A big event, really a miracle, considering their story. 


Our oldest grandchild, Sonya, starts kindergarten in the fall!


Inevitably, we both turn sixty this year! Surprising for some reason, to my sensibilities!!


Erin and I started gentle yoga and I have continued on and love it!!! My core strength may actually be slowly reappearing!!!


I have experienced the deep-in-my-gut awareness that I am an orphan in this world, and at times that wakes me at night and I have to swallow down the fear and pray against the anxiety that accompanies the realization that on my side of the family we are the oldest generation!!


I am attempting to finish and start several writing projects...AND PUBLISH at least one of those...as I meet with my friend Jackie and spur her on in her writing endeavors and try to get myself going as well.


I have several photos waiting to be dry-mounted and then find somewhere to display them and hopefully sell them all!


I have almost finished wrapping up all the loose ends, etc, with my mom's things and her estate. That has sat heavy on my heart and  I realized the need to move fast to finish it up and get it all out from in front of me! The photos are at once saddening and cathartic. I will be scanning quite a few of those!


Fred and I are loving being involved in music once again as well as being back "home" in a non-denominational church! 
The mix of people at U City Family Church is so right!


I will be at the birth, God willing, of Erin and Matt's little one and that is a blessing beyond words!!! If they should change their minds, I will understand, but truly hope it all works out for me to witness the birth!!


"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." (Serenity Prayer)



No comments:

Post a Comment