Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My first birthday without a mom.

For my first birthday celebration without a mom God placed it on the heart of my sweet friend Marti to invite me up for BOTH of us to celebrate our first birthdays without our moms. It was definitely an inspired idea!

Thank you Marti!!
Marti's Birthday was August 8th, Mine was the 11th.

Our first day we lounged around her house, then went to lunch at the Webster House. A really fun restaurant and shop all housed in the restored rooms of the oldest schoolhouse in the Kansas City area. 

Then we went for full out decadence.


Oh yeah! One hour massage. European whirlpool baths with different temps and with optional waterfalls!

We went to dinner that evening at Justus Drugstore A Restaurant. An amazing little place tucked into the small town of Smithville in a rehabbed drugstore that has been in the owner's family for four generations! He opted out of the pharmacy career and pursued a career in culinary cuisine. Yummmm!!







Marti had the  Berry Napoleon and I had the Chocolate Mint Decadence. AMAZING!!!


Desert alone was worth the trip though the rolling hills of rural Missouri, but dinner was amazing!!!!!
(Sorry, these are all cell phone pics in low lighting.)


The next day was so sweet with flowers being delivered to Marti's from my guy, sweet messages being sent to my cell from so many of you, and to facebook, and emails and voice-mails. Wow! I am spoiled and loving it.


We had tears during our quiet times and sharing time and prayer time. And our playtime with Marti's Grandkitty, Corn, as well.


Then it was off to the Square in downtown Liberty for a quick breadfast before going to the new little water park. Soo fun and relaxing for a few hours before we were melting in and out of the water in the 100 degree+ heat!!


Next we went to Overland Park and I ingested way too much EVO and balsalmic vinegars doing a tasting at The Tasteful Olive. Quite an experience. I filled up on flavor and emptied my wallet!


Couldn't get the right lighting, but the two EVOs on the right are Tuscan Herb and Blood Orange!


Oh yeah. That is Vanilla and Chocolate Balsalamic! Gonna have some fun with these!



We went home after stopping in at the house where Marti's mom lived out the last months of her time here, a sweet opportunity to further connect with Marti's experience that so paralleled mine.

After watching a forgettable movie. What was it you say? See, I've already forgotten it, but we did chuckle a lot. We finished our night on her deck watching for meteors and seeing a few and having a sweet time of prayer.
PERFECT!!!!

Oh I had to photograph these for Fred. The '65? Fairlane was on the way TO KC.


The '50-'51 Chevy Truck was on the way HOME.

When I got home our friends the Orfs took us to fun new restaurant for a birthday dinner. It was the Fountain on Locust. I recommend it! Great salads and meals. Amazing ice cream drinks and desserts!
Then Friday, Missy had the idea a while back to take us out for my birthday to McCormick's and Scmick's at West County Mall. Omigosh! So wonderful!! I loved getting time with them sans kids, it kinda changes the flow of conversation:)
Anyway, I did gain 4 POUNDS last week!!! Too much birthday celebration?
NAH! You can never have too much!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment