Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Saw this on a blog/website called "28 cooks" a vegetarian site. Anyway. I made a version of these a while back after Missy told me about making them with olive oil and salt and baking them. This recipe intrigues me and on my next trip to Whole Foods I'm getting kale and trying this version!!! Such a great treat when I want something salty and crunchy, but not so bad for me!


Kale Chips

3 or 4 large kale leaves, with stem removed and cut into 2" pieces
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp Smart Balance oil or Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
A few pinches of kosher salt

Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk together vinegar, oil, and salt, and toss with kale leaves. Place in a single layer on cookie sheet and place into oven. Bake 10-15 minutes, flipping halfway through until crispy. Do not overcook or allow them to become completely brown as they will taste bitter. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment